Why Become a Volunteer?
Each year volunteers offer their time or resources to Tour de OC giving a slice of hope to abused and neglected children. Tour de OC is fortunate to have a planning committee that is dedicated to providing our volunteers with a positive experience.
How many of us have said, “There never seems to be enough hours in the day.” Volunteering is the gift of time. May the gift of your time to Tour de OC bring you fulfillment and joy. We appreciate all of you that adjust your busy schedules to make a difference in the life of children facing insurmountable odds. Our volunteer effort is designed to accomplish our mission and ensure that we serve to the best of our ability with the resources we have available.
Be a part of the Tour de OC Team
If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer, please call:
Angel Cordero at 714.801.0576 or email@example.com
Tour de OC depends on volunteers like you to help recruit riders, organize materials, and help the event run smoothly! We need volunteers in the following roles:
Event Prep Volunteers
- Solicit sponsors and donations for raffle prizes and rider swag bags
- Fill rider swag bags
- Recruit local riders for the ride
- Prepare food for rest stops and lunch
Day of Event Volunteers
The day our riders have been waiting for has finally arrived. As an integral part of our team, you can provide help in any of the following areas:
- Check-In Area – Welcome the riders, help check them in and get them out on the route
- Starting Line and Finish Line assistance
- Cheerleading Support – Encourage riders along the route.
- SAG (Support And Gear vehicles) – Assist SAG Coordinator as needed.
- Medical – Treats injuries as necessary. We’re looking for EMTs, RNs and others with a medical background.
- Mechanical Support – Provides bicycle repairs and inspections for the riders.
- Route Marshals – Participants who are experienced riders and serve as an example of safe riding. Marshals help ensure the safety of all participants by reminding riders of the rules of the road.
- Rest Stop – Serves refreshments and offers support, encouragement and lots of cheering!
- Finish line – Cheers riders in after completing their day, serves refreshments and distributes T-shirts, distributes medals and obtains surveys.
- Family Carnival- Manage carnival games and activities for riders’ families and support, monitor bounce houses, etc.